Re: [Videolib]

Milos Stehlik (mstehlik@comcast.net)
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 20:09:55 -0600

these rights are owned by Argos Films

26 Rue Mentresier
92200 Neuilly
France, Europe.

Phone: 33 1 47229126

Contact: Florence Dauman

Milos Stehlik
Facets Multi-Media, Inc.
1517 West Fullerton Avenue
Chicago IL 60614
773-281-9075
FAX 773-929-5437
www.facets.org
milos@facets.org

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Jessica Rosner
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:56 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] PPR for "Toute la mémoire du monde"

Alas Optimum is a Canadian company and I sincerely doubt they would have PPR
rights there and definitely not in the US. I imagine you could track it
down with some help from the French Film office but trust me you really do
not want to deal with a French Sales company. This is one of the hazards of
needing PPR on foreign films in particular because for the most part the
companies will want INSANE amounts of money for any film that does not have
US distributor. The average fee for most major French companies to show a
film ONCE at Museum or University is 500 Euros and that does not include
print shipping so if for instance you want the PPR for a showing a SINGLE
showing at a US college it is unlikely they would treat it any differently.

I don't even want to imagine what they would ask for streaming right.

On 11/18/08 5:51 PM, "John Vallier" <vallier@u.washington.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are looking to secure PPR for Alain Resnais' "Toute la Mémoire du
> Monde", which appears as an extra on Optimum Releasing's http://
> catalog.lib.washington.edu/record=b5828859~S6
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> John
> _________
> John Vallier
> Head, Distributed Media Services
> University of Washington Libraries
> http://www.lib.washington.edu/media
> http://faculty.washington.edu/vallier

> libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503