Re: [Videolib] Research Help - Milgram and Zimbardo experiments

Elana Joffe (elana@insight-media.com)
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:58:20 -0500

--===============1740285761477943973==

--=====================_481864750==.ALT

Danette,

Insight Media has just completed production of two DVDs that deal
with the topics you're looking for.

The Psychology of Power discusses the Zimbardo experiment and what
happened at Abu Ghraib. It also reviews other experiments on power,
considers the role of power in relationships, discusses abuses of
power, and defines different types of power.
23 minutes / 2008 / #PAR6434 - $199

Conformity looks at the phenomenon of group think and problems that
have resulted from group think (such as the Bay of Pigs fiasco and
the shuttle disaster). It also discusses the Milgram obedience
experiment and its implications, as well as studies by Sherif, Asch,
Crutchfield, Hoffling, and others.
19 minutes / 2008 / #PAR6435 - $199.00

Both programs feature Betsy Sparrow of the psychology department at
Columbia University.

If you have any questions, please call us at 800-233-9910 or e-mail
customer service at custserv@insight-media.com.

Elana B. Joffe
Vice President, Acquisitions & Development
Insight Media, Inc.
2162 Broadway
New York, NY 10024
(212) 721-6316 x103