Re: [Videolib] getting PPR from PBS

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:20:20 -0500

--===============0144363500579456136==

--B_3309870027_114018491

Call my cynical but if you have to ask you can=B9t afford it on that kind of
stuff.

On 11/18/08 4:06 PM, "Fragola, Patty" <fragolap@uww.edu> wrote:

> I need to get permission for a faculty to use several PBS videos in an on=
line
> course. The clips are all pretty short (about 5-10mns) and they would be
> transmitted via our D2L system. I am anticipating one or more of the DVD
> being encrypted and therefore requiring us to get permission.
> =20
> The problem I=B9m having is figuring out how to contact PBS to get the
> permission. I called their customer service number and got a generic add=
ress
> in Alexandria, VA. I=B9m afraid anything I send to this address will get l=
ost
> the corporate-ness of it all.
> =20
> Does anyone have a more specific point of contact (email, telephone or fa=
> number) I could try?
> =20
> thanks in advance
> =20
> pf
> =20
> =20
> Patricia Fragola
> Circulation Coordinator
> University Library
> University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
> 800 West Main Street
> Whitewater, Wisconsin 53190
> 262-472-5673
> fragolap@uww.edu
> =20
>=20
>=20
> VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issu=
es
> preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries =
and
> related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effectiv=
> distributors.

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3309870027_114018491

Re: [Videolib] getting PPR from PBS Call my cynical but if you have to ask you can’t afford it on that k= ind of stuff.