Re: [Videolib] documentaries about community organizing

RichardCohenFilms.com (rbc24@earthlink.net)
Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:55:27 -0800

--===============7737397470119146662==

--Apple-Mail-4--456375598
delsp=yes;
format=flowed

Taylor's Campaign looks at the campaign by a destitute ex truck =20
driver for a city council seat in Santa Monica, and the organizing he =20=

does in the homeless community.
http://www.richardcohenfilms.com/taylor's.htm

On Nov 17, 2008, at 12:26 PM, Beasley, Sarah wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a patron looking for documentaries about community =20
> organization. I have given her Living Broke in Boom Times and am =20
> also going to see if The Collector of Bedford Street meets her =20
> needs, but I know there are plenty more out there that would be =20
> great. I didn't actually talk with her directly, so I don't know =20
> the specifics of her request (i.e. is she looking for examples, =20
> tips, etc.) so anything you think might be relevant would be great.
>
> Thanks,
> Sarah
>
> Sarah Beasley, Manager
> Film & Audio Department
> Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
> 4400 Forbes Avenue
> Pittsburgh, PA 15213
> v. 412.622.1918
> f. 412.688.8677
> beasleys@carnegielibrary.org
>
> ________________________________

=EF=BF=BCVIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively =
discussion =20
of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, =20
acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current =20
and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It =20
is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for =20
video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between =20
libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and =20
distributors.

http://www.richardcohenfilms.com

--Apple-Mail-4--456375598

--Apple-Mail-5--456375598

Taylor's Campaign looks at the campaign by a destitute ex truck driver = for a city council seat in Santa Monica, and the organizing he does in = the homeless community. =A0

http://www.richardc= ohenfilms.com/taylor's.htm

On Nov 17, 2008, at = 12:26 PM, Beasley, Sarah wrote:

Hi,

I have a patron looking for = documentaries about community organization.=A0 I have given her Living Broke = in Boom Times and am also going to see if The Collector of Bedford = Street meets her needs, but I know there are plenty more out there that = would be great.=A0 I didn't = actually talk with her directly, so I don't know the specifics of her = request (i.e. is she looking for examples, tips, etc.) so anything you = think might be relevant would be great.

Sarah

Sarah = Beasley, Manager
Film & Audio = Department
Carnegie Library of = Pittsburgh
4400 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
v. = 412.622.1918=A0
f. 412.688.8677

Now HERE'S a = company that "gets it"!!! A very fine example of stepping up to the = plate and delivering an economic model that libraries and media centers = can work with.

*Tips my tall = glass of bourbon to Linda and Ambrose*...cheers

Mark

Mark W. = Kopp

Technology Assistant

IT = Department