Re: [Videolib] purchasing faculty produced films/videos [Scanned]

Sarah McCleskey (Sarah.E.McCleskey@hofstra.edu)
Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:28:32 -0500

We recently purchased a bunch of experimental documentaries one of our new faculty made prior to coming here. The asking price was about $400 a pop but I talked to him about it and he got the suppliers to reduce the prices to about $100-150 each for us. If the professor has a good relationship with the distributor you can maybe work out a discount.

Sarah McC.

Sarah E. McCleskey
Head of Access Services
Acting Director, Film and Media Library
112 Axinn Library
123 Hofstra University
Hempstead, NY 11549
Sarah.E.McCleskey@hofstra.edu
516-463-5076 (o)
516-463-4309 (f)

>>> "Mark Kopp" <mkopp@iu08.org> 11/17/2008 8:55 AM >>>
Purchase??? Did they not use university-owned equipment and property,
etc, to make their film??? It NEVER occurred to me that they would/could
charge their own institution for...nevermind...I'm shocked!

I wonder if their films come with PPR...

Mark

Mark W. Kopp

Technology Assistant

IT Department