Re: [Videolib] It's a Wonderful Life still PD?

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 10:03:58 -0500

Nope. Paramount was able to get a copyright based on the underlying story
rights which is why you only see it on NBC at Christmas instead of every
station on the planet. SWANK could license it.

On 11/14/08 9:12 AM, "Pearson, Jeffrey" <jwpearso@umich.edu> wrote:

> An org on campus wants to show It's a Wonderful Life publically and is
> asking me if it is still in the public domain. I think newer DVD
> incarnations are owned. Is it still PD?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff Pearson
> Univ of Mich Ann Arbor