Re: [Videolib] Seeking PPL for 1947 film, "T-Men"

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:35:50 -0500

--===============2482882967875868739==

--B_3309428156_87459169

I am fairly sure the film fell in the public domain , when Kino had it out
on VHS we got it from
Roan, they then told us those rights had transferred to TROMA (yes as in
SURF NAZI=B9S MUST DIE)
There # is 212-757-4555 but again I am pretty sure the film is PD and ther=
should be a way to check through
Library of Congress but I can=B9t remember how it works.

On 11/13/08 1:27 PM, "Marilyn Huntley" <mhuntley@hamilton.edu> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I'm trying to determine who is the distributor for public performance
> licensing for Anthony Mann's 1947 film, "T-Men."
>=20
> I didn't find it listed at non-theatrical distributors Swank, Kino, New Y=
orker
> or Criterion.
>=20
> According to Internet Movie Database, these are companies that have been
> associated with it over the years, but I've concluded that they're all de=
ad
> ends:
> Edward Small Productions (he died in 1977),
> Reliance Pictures (no longer exists?),
> Eagle-Lion Films (no longer exists?),
> Roan Group (still exists, but they sell DVDs for $4.95 to $14.95),
> Kino Video (title not listed on website),
> VCI Home Video (website is useless for searching, and not likely to offer=
PPL
> anyway),=20
> Sony Video (just home video, right?).
>=20
> Okay, I'm stuck. Does anyone know where we can get a license for this fil=
m?
>=20
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can send my way.
> Marilyn Huntley
>=20

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3309428156_87459169

Re: [Videolib] Seeking PPL for 1947 film, "T-Men" I am fairly sure the film fell in the public  domain , when Kino had = it out on VHS we got it from
Roan, they then told us those rights had transferred to TROMA (yes as in SU= RF  NAZI’S MUST DIE)
There  # is
212-757-4555 but again I am pr= etty sure the film is PD and there should be a way to check  through Library of Congress but I can’t remember how it works.

<= SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:11pt'>Hello all,

=

--===============2482882967875868739==--