Re: [Videolib] ...another peeve [Scanned]

Mark Kopp (mkopp@iu08.org)
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:07:15 -0500

Heck with a rebate or a discount...let's all apply for a bailout!

Mark W. Kopp
Technology Assistant
IT Department
Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8
4500 6th Avenue
Altoona, PA 16602
P: 814-940-0223
F: 814-949-0984
C: 814-937-2802

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Mike Tribby
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 11:51 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] ...another peeve [Scanned]

>Would a car salesman tell you a $3000 rebate is coming out on the car
you intended to buy today, if you wait till next month to buy your car?

Who's giving $3,000 rebates on video programs? Related question: who's
selling $3,000 videos? (I'm guessing there are more of the latter than
the former if any of either exist at all). (That sounds like a line from
a Firesign Theater bit).

Maybe it's from spending most of my life in the bucolic Midwest, but I
have had a car salesman alert me to a coming price drop if not exactly a
rebate.

It's all moot to me anyway. I couldn't even afford a $3,000 car today,
let alone one that cost enough to support a $3,000 rebate.

Mike Tribby
Senior Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.

mailto:mike.tribby@quality-books.com