Re: [Videolib] PBS Home Video "Plus"

Linda Hellman (lhellman@optonline.net)
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:30:50 -0500

--===============1931441957964113888==

--Boundary_(ID_rglXV2qcedXrEP9NVkF7kw)

Visit www.ambrosedigital.com to see how easy and affordable streaming video can be. For example: purchase streaming rights for one Shakespeare Play for $24.99 for one year, ( unlimited simultaneous users); Contact information for Ambrose representatives is found on the site.Programs or clips can be embedded in any course management system.Call your Ambrose representative for multi-year or consortia discounts.

Linda Hellman
Ambrose Video Publishing,Inc.
145 W.45th St. - Suite 1115
New York NY 10036
www.ambrosevideo.com
Tel: 1.888.802.6715
Fax: 1.914.526.0346

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jessica Rosner" <jrosner@kino.com>
To: <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Videolib] PBS Home Video "Plus"

> Sometimes it happens. Would it be rude to ask how much one pays for these
> these rights ?
>

> On 11/10/08 12:42 PM, "Sarah McCleskey" <Sarah.E.McCleskey@hofstra.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Well, I called up PBS and they said YES I can stream it and limit by IP
>> address to those affiliated with Hofstra. They said these rights are
>> included in the higher price I paid for it. I am sort of in shock!
>>
>> Sarah

>> Assuming you allow students to access it on their computers , no. I mean
>> they could theoretically be anywhere and not specifically in a campus
>> building. Might want to call and ask them to clarify.
>>

>> On 11/10/08 11:51 AM, "Sarah McCleskey" <Sarah.E.McCleskey@hofstra.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi CW,
>>>
>>> I just got a DVD from PBS Home Video ("The Sixties: the years that shaped a
>>> generation"). It includes limited PPR, and here's what it says:
>>>
>>> "Permits the right to (1) use this video in front of any public or private
>>> group providing no admission is charged for viewing; and (2) distribute this
>>> video via closed circuit cable, ITFS, or other distribution system within a
>>> single building or among the buildings on a single campus."
>>>
>>> So, do you think that this means I could put it on our streaming server, put
>>> it in the library catalog, and limit access by our IP address?
>>>
>>> Interested to hear your opinions.
>>>
>>> Sarah McC.
>>>
>>> Sarah E. McCleskey
>>> Head of Access Services
>>> Acting Director, Film and Media Library
>>> 112 Axinn Library
>>> 123 Hofstra University
>>> Hempstead, NY 11549
>>> Sarah.E.McCleskey@hofstra.edu
>>> 516-463-5076 (o)

jrosner@kino.com

jrosner@kino.com

--Boundary_(ID_rglXV2qcedXrEP9NVkF7kw)-- --===============1931441957964113888== Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors. --===============1931441957964113888==--