Re: [Videolib] PBS Home Video "Plus"

Sarah McCleskey (Sarah.E.McCleskey@hofstra.edu)
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:42:02 -0500

Well, I called up PBS and they said YES I can stream it and limit by IP
address to those affiliated with Hofstra. They said these rights are
included in the higher price I paid for it. I am sort of in shock!

Sarah

>>> Jessica Rosner <jrosner@kino.com> 11/10/2008 11:56 AM >>>
Assuming you allow students to access it on their computers , no. I mean
they could theoretically be anywhere and not specifically in a campus
building. Might want to call and ask them to clarify.

On 11/10/08 11:51 AM, "Sarah McCleskey" <Sarah.E.McCleskey@hofstra.edu>
wrote:

> Hi CW,
>
> I just got a DVD from PBS Home Video ("The Sixties: the years that shaped a
> generation"). It includes limited PPR, and here's what it says:
>
> "Permits the right to (1) use this video in front of any public or private
> group providing no admission is charged for viewing; and (2) distribute this
> video via closed circuit cable, ITFS, or other distribution system within a
> single building or among the buildings on a single campus."
>
> So, do you think that this means I could put it on our streaming server, put
> it in the library catalog, and limit access by our IP address?
>
> Interested to hear your opinions.
>
> Sarah McC.
>
> Sarah E. McCleskey
> Head of Access Services