Re: [Videolib] PBS Home Video "Plus"

Stanton, Kim (Kim.Stanton@unt.edu)
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:16:57 -0600

No, you're not given rights to alter the format.

PBS actually sells digital rights to this title.
http://videoindex.pbs.org/program/digital_videos.asp

Kim Stanton
Digital Media Librarian
Media Library
University of North Texas
Kim.stanton@unt.edu
(940) 565-4832

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu [mailto:videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Sarah McCleskey
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 10:51 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] PBS Home Video "Plus"

Hi CW,

I just got a DVD from PBS Home Video ("The Sixties: the years that shaped a generation"). It includes limited PPR, and here's what it says:

"Permits the right to (1) use this video in front of any public or private group providing no admission is charged for viewing; and (2) distribute this video via closed circuit cable, ITFS, or other distribution system within a single building or among the buildings on a single campus."

So, do you think that this means I could put it on our streaming server, put it in the library catalog, and limit access by our IP address?

Interested to hear your opinions.

Sarah McC.

Sarah E. McCleskey
Head of Access Services