Re: [Videolib] Licensing Movies with Swank Motion Pictures

Chris Lewis (clewis@american.edu)
Wed, 5 Nov 2008 11:14:09 -0500

I got an email from them too with no indication of what their terms
will be. I replied that a short-term license limited to use via a CMS
wouldn't be of interest unless the price was low. I expressed a
preference for the kind of arrangements several doc distributors have
come around to - long-term licenses (5 years or more) and open to all
authenticated users at an institution. I don't expect them to heed
that advice.

--
Chris Lewis
Media Librarian

"Never write when you can talk. Never talk when you can nod. And never put anything in an e-mail." - Eliot Spitzer on Secrets of Success