Re: [Videolib] Licensing Movies with Swank Motion Pictures

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 05 Nov 2008 09:52:28 -0500

--===============0510761316097767167==

--B_3308723551_45206630

Why would you be surprised ? This is exactly what I would see coming.
Studios for whom Swank licenses
Would want to get in on this, the issue is going to be the claims by some
that you do not need them or have to pay them
Because you can=B9t just digitize and show things without clearing/paying
rights holders.

On 11/5/08 9:44 AM, "Mark Kopp" <mkopp@iu08.org> wrote:

> WOW!
> =20
>=20
> Mark W. Kopp
> Technology Assistant
> IT Department
> Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8
> 4500 6th Avenue
> Altoona, PA 16602
> P: 814-940-0223
> F: 814-949-0984
> C: 814-937-2802
>=20

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3308723551_45206630

Re: [Videolib] Licensing Movies with Swank Motion Pictures (streamin= g via course mgmt system) [Scanned] Why would you be surprised ? This is exactly what I would see coming. Stud= ios for whom Swank licenses
Would want to get in on this, the issue is going to be the claims by some t= hat you do not need them or have to pay them
Because you can’t just digitize and show things without clearing/payi= ng rights holders.