Re: [Videolib] Green" DVD Packaging [Scanned]

Dennis Doros (milefilms@gmail.com)
Tue, 4 Nov 2008 09:28:27 -0500

--===============2986187898990425548==

------=_Part_27718_9447759.1225808907092

As a matter of fact, we decided to go with a Green release on KILLER OF
SHEEP. Knowing the director and having thousands of plastic DVD cases around
the office made us think that this was a worthwhile cause. Well, we got
trashed (pardon the pun) by some collectors for being "cheap" even though it
actually cost us more money to release it this way. Then of course, we
release I AM CUBA that same month in a very elaborate presentation -- a
cigar box and three slim cases -- and got some bad reviews from collectors
for bringing out something that can't fit on their shelf. To be honest, I no
longer trust what's being said on webs because they're a minority, though
a very vocal one. Creative packaging does get the attention of the press and
with 100 releases a week in the industry, you "gotta have a gimmick." But
actually I DO plan on more standard issues because people seem most
comfortable with them.
Dennis

--
Best,