Re: [Videolib] Sarah's post on digital streaming

Dennis Doros (milefilms@gmail.com)
Thu, 30 Oct 2008 15:42:18 -0400

--===============0990653130791448091==

------=_Part_4203_9361599.1225395739020

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 3:16 PM, <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Doing the honorable and ethical thing on our part, however, will
> mean that distributors (at least distributors of educational and indie doc
> works) will need to meet us half way when it comes to developing
> reasonable pricing structures and delivery models which meet the the
> long-term needs of the institution and the changing nature of education.

Okay, I'll bite since I agree with both sides. What WOULD a fair pricing
structure be? Any ideas? And for what platforms?
I think, to be perfectly honest and to incur the wrath of librarians,
distributors of films like Kino and Milestone would be more agreeable to a
yearly rental. That way, when we lose rights, we can "pull the plug" and not
screw over the producers.

--
Best,
Dennis Doros