Re: [Videolib] copyright, sort of

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:56:20 -0700

Though I can't document it, I think more and more of our faculty are
turning to online sources for teaching materials. Business teachers
may be showing students different companies' websites, education and
psychology teachers can likely find lots of 2 or 3 minute snippets on
Youtube for examples in their lectures. Okay, the stuff may disappear
in the blink of an eye, the production values may be laughable and
there's no analysis beyond what the teacher says about it, but it's
there and it's fast...

We are all in trouble - filmmakers, distributors and video librarians,
right?

Brigid Duffy
Media Acquisitions
Academic Technology