Re: [Videolib] copyright AGAIN [Scanned]

Mike Tribby (mike.tribby@quality-books.com)
Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:59:38 -0500

"just as people have been plugging their iPods into cars, instead of popping in cd's, there are iPod docking stations for televisions now. The writing is on the wall"

And one chapter of that writing says that the quality of sound on iPods absolutely sucks. If your musical tastes run to Britney Spears and other mainstream commercial BS this may not be a problem, but if you prefer that the highs and lows of the sound be present, iPods won't do. Too much compression: even Metallica fans are complaining about their heroes' latest release.

Mike Tribby
Senior Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.

mailto:mike.tribby@quality-books.com

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu [mailto:videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Jerry Notaro
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:05 AM
To: Jessica Rosner
Cc: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] copyright AGAIN [Scanned]

ALL businesses are merging and suffering massive cutbacks. Anyone in the music business will tell you they would be in BIG trouble without online content sales. Yes, cd sales are down, and now dvd sales are down. And just as people have been plugging their iPods into cars, instead of popping in cd's, there are iPod docking stations for televisions now. The writing is on the wall.

Jerry