Re: [Videolib] Off topic question/student/hourly time reporting

Chris McNevins (Chris.McNevins@uconn.edu)
Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:49:21 -0400

--===============4163424272506675708==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C93A8D.EE00C239

Hi Sarah,
=20
For student labor I just started using Powerclock which was set up by
our IT department.=20
See: http://www.powerclock.com/
=20
Pros:=20
* Can be programmed to round off time to quarter increments
* Stores personnel info on each worker and tracks performance
* Has an email function so it's convenient to remind students to
print/sign time cards or otherwise two way communicate with either an
individual or group
* Has a task assignment function (which I don't use but other
departments do)
* Can generate a variety of reports

Cons:
* Program is clunky and on some computers is downright slow to
load--sometimes freezes up the computer
* Have to remember to set the pay period you want for reports lest
you get inaccurate/incorrect information
* The calendar is set up Fri-Thu which is confusing (that was
probably set up internally though)

Hope this helps.

Chris McN

Chris McNevins
Acquisitions Coordinator
University of Connecticut
Homer Babbidge Library
Collections Services
Acquisitions and Resources Management Team
369 Fairfield Way Unit 2005AM
Storrs, CT 06269-2005
ph: 860-486-3842
fax: 860-486-6493