Re: [Videolib] Recommended East Indian Films

Hornbeck, Patty (hornbeck@middlebury.edu)
Tue, 4 Dec 2007 13:09:35 -0500

These titles are part of a recent wish list submitted to our Library
acquisitions dept. Can't speak from knowledge of the individual films,
but the list might give you a starting point.

Abhay (Suresh Krissna, 2001, Hindi)
Agni Varsha (Arjun Sajnani, 2002, Hindi)
Chandni Bar (Madhur Bhandarkar, 2002, Hindi; notes by Corey Creekmur)
Dil Chahta Hai (Farhan Akhtar, 2001, Hindi)
Dil pe mat le yaar! (Hansal Mehta, 2000, Hindi)
Fiza (Khalid Mohamed, 2000, Hindi)
Hey Ram (Kamal Haasan, 2000, Hindi)
Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham... (Karan Johar, 2001, Hindi; notes by Corey
Creekmur)
Lagaan (Ashutosh Gowariker, 2001, Hindi)
Lajja (Rajkumar Santoshi, 2001, Hindi)
The Legend of Bhagat Singh (Rajkumar Santoshi, 2002, Hindi)
Maqbool (Vishal Bhardwaj, 2003, Hindi)
Mission Kashmir (Vidhu Vinod Chopra, 2000, Hindi)
Mohabbatein (Aditya Chopra, 2001, Hindi)
Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. (Rajkumar Hirani, 2003, Hindi)
Paheli (Amol Palekar, 2005, Hindi)
Phir bhi dil hai Hindustani (Aziz Mirza, 2000, Hindi)
Pinjar (Chandraprakash Dwivedi, 2003, Hindi)
Rang de Basanti (Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, 2006, Hindi)
Swades (Ashutosh Gowariker, 2004, Hindi; notes by Corey Creekmur)
Veer-Zaara (Yash Chopra, 2004, Hindi)
Yuva (Mani Ratnam, 2004, Hindi)
Patty Hornbeck
Media Resources Development Coordinator