Re: [Videolib] Sources for several movies?

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 04 Dec 2007 12:39:09 -0500

--===============8540943954063303476==

--B_3279616749_139325774

Just A Gigolo starring William Haines is a Warner Bros film . It has never
been released in any format . It runs from time to time on
TCM
HEARTS IN DIXIE & SUNNY SIDE UP are both owned by Fox and neither has ever
been released in any format. SUNNYSIDE has run from time to time
On Fox Movie Station

I mention the cable showings only if someone wants to keep an eye on it for
RESEARCH purposes since they would obviously never
Be allowed for a library or even a class. Again for research purposes places
like Library of Congress or Eastman House might
Have copies for viewing

On 12/4/07 12:25 PM, "Marilyn Huntley" <mhuntley@hamilton.edu> wrote:

> Hello all,
> A professor who will be teaching a course called "Berlin and New York in the
> 1920's" has asked me to find several movies. Our preference would be to
> purchase them on DVD or VHS. Second choice is to rent a VHS, DVD or 16mm
> print. Third choice would be ILL.
>
> "Hearts in Dixie," director Paul Sloane, starring Stepit Fetchit, 1929.
>
> "Just a Gigolo," director Jack Conway; actors William Haines, Irene Purcell,
> Ray Milland; 1931. Alternate working titles were "Dancing Partner" and "The
> Princess and the Dancer."
>
> "Just a Gigolo," director David Hemmings; actors David Bowie, Maria Schell,
> Curt Jergens, Marlene Dietrich; 1979. On eBay I found a laserdisc and Region-4
> DVDs; on alibris and half.com I found used VHS tapes. Those VHS tapes might
> suffice, but our library's acquisitions folks are not in the habit of buying
> from such places. So I still hope there's something better out there
> somewhere.
>
> "Sunny Side Up," director David Butler; actors Janet Gaynor, Charles Farrell;
> 1929. On eBay I found a couple of DVDs and a VHS; also VHS tapes at half.com
> and alibris. This is the same situation as the movie above; our library
> acquisitions would prefer a more traditional source, if possible. And do you
> think the DVDs are legit? I see only VHS copies listed on WorldCat.
>
> Any information you can send me would be appreciated, even if it's negative
> (no longer available, or never released on home video). Thanks in advance.
>
> Marilyn Huntley

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3279616749_139325774

Re: [Videolib] Sources for several movies? Just = A  Gigolo starring William Haines is a Warner Bros film . It has never = been released in any format . It runs from time to time on
[...]

Any information you can send me would be appreciated, even if it's negative= (no longer available, or never released on home video). Thanks in advance.<= BR>

--===============8540943954063303476==--