Re: [Videolib] accepting gift videos

Dennis Doros (milefilms@gmail.com)
Tue, 4 Dec 2007 11:44:43 -0500

--===============7001690513765102798==

------=_Part_702_12199136.1196786683554

Dear Sarah,
Why should anyone want to bash Hofstra? They're putting out some very good
football players lately! :-)Anyway, to answer the question, 3/4" tapes
represents the U-Matic format that was replaced by the Betacam SP system
which has been replaced by HD-cam (and others). I still have a few and they
still play very well. And of course, a U-matic player is fairly cheap to
acquire these days and doesn't take much to maintain. But the machines ARE
bulky and heavy. It's all a matter if they material is worthwhile (and not
in any other formats).

Dennis
Milestone F&V

--
Best,
Dennis Doros

------=_Part_702_12199136.1196786683554 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline

------=_Part_702_12199136.1196786683554--

--===============7001690513765102798== Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors. --===============7001690513765102798==--