[Videolib] Off the topic...

Chris McNevins (Chris.McNevins@uconn.edu)
Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:15:04 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C82BBA.6BA3F9B1

But somehow so relevant to this listserv..... : )

> Q: How many internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a
> light bulb? =20
>=20
> A: 1,331
>=20
> 1 to change the light bulb and to post on the mailing list that the
> light bulb has been changed.
>=20
> 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the
> light bulb could have been changed differently.
>=20
> 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
>=20
> 27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light
> bulbs.
>=20
> 53 to flame the spell checkers.
>=20
> 156 to write to the list administrator complaining about the light
> bulb
> discussion and its inappropriateness to this mail list.
>=20
> 41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames.
>=20
> 109 to post that this list is not about light bulbs and to please take
> this email exchange to alt.lite.bulb
>=20
> 203 to demand that cross posting to alt.grammar, alt.spelling and
> alt.punctuation about changing light bulbs be stopped.
>=20
> 111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we all use light
> bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this mail list.
>=20
> 306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where
> buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this
> technique, and what brands are faulty.
>=20
> 27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
>=20
> 14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and to post
> corrected
> URLs.
>=20
> 3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to
> this
> list which makes light bulbs relevant to this list.
>=20
> 33 to concatenate all posts to date, then quote them including all
> headers and footers, and then add "Me Too."
>=20
> 12 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing because they cannot
> handle the light bulb controversy.
>=20
> 19 to quote the "Me Too's" to say, "Me Three."
>=20
> 4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.
>=20
> 1 to propose new alt.change.lite.bulb newsgroup.
>=20
> 47 to say this is just what alt.physic.cold_fusion was meant for,
> [...]
Chris McNevins
Non-Print Coordinator
University of Connecticut
Homer Babbidge Library
Collections Services - Acquisitions Monographs
369 Fairfield Way Unit 2005AM
Storrs, CT 06269-2005
ph: 860-486-3842
fax: 860-486-6493

------_=_NextPart_001_01C82BBA.6BA3F9B1

Off the topic...

But somehow = so relevant to this listserv…..  : )

Q: How many internet mail list = subscribers does it take to change a light = bulb?

A: 1,331

[...]

306 to debate which method of changing = light bulbs is superior, where to