Re: [Videolib] Verdun : Vision of History

Christine Godin (diractor@yahoo.com)
Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:05:23 -0800 (PST)

--0-984383552-1195517123=:26501

Maybe I have a hiccupping Yahoo account. Today I got two from Peter Delin t=
hat were dated Saturday...=0AChristine=0A=0A=0A----- Original Message ----=
=0AFrom: "Delin, Peter" <delin@zlb.de>=0ATo: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu=0A=
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 12:24:16 PM=0ASubject: Re: [Videolib] Ver=
dun : Vision of History=0A=0AI have to add: it's not a 2 disc edition. Both=
versions, the German and =0Athe French one are the same 1 disc edition wit=
h different covers and =0Abooklets.=0A=0APeter=0A=0APeter Delin schrieb:=0A=
> Dear Barbara,=0A> =0A> there is an excellent 2 disc edition published in =
France and Germany =0A> with English subtitles/ NTSC/ no region code - so p=
layable in the US:=0A> http://www.absolutmedien.de/main.php?view=3Dfilm&id=
=3D1163=0A> http://www.dvdclassik.com/Critiques/verdun_visions_histoire.htm=
=0A> =0A> available from the usual mailorder shops:=0A> http://www.amazon.d=
e/Verdun-NTSC-Paul-Amiot/dp/B000MAH4A2=0A> http://www4.fnac.com/Shelf/artic=
le.aspx?PRID=3D1886812=0A> http://www.amazon.fr/Verdun-Visions-dhistoire-Al=
bert-Prejean/dp/B000ILZ89E/=0A> =0A> kind regards=0A> Peter=0A> =0A> Zentra=
l- und Landesbibliothek Berlin=0A> http://www.zlb.de/en/index.html=0A> http=
://buecherei.netbib.de/coma/FilmSearch=0A> http://buecherei.netbib.de/coma/=
Filmliteratur=0A> http://dvdbiblog.wordpress.com/=0A> =0A> =0A> =0A> Barbar=
a Silberstein schrieb:=0A>> Question:=0A>>=0A>> =0A>>=0A>> Who has the rig=
hts in this country to the film Verdun: Vision of =0A>> History, the film b=
y director L=E9on Poirier (French, 1884=961968) which =0A>> was recently sh=
own at the MOMA in NY. Will it be available on DVD any =0A>> time soon?=0A=
>>=0A>> =0A>>=0A>> Thank you.=0A>>=0A>> =0A>>=0A>> Barbara Silberstein=0A=
>>=0A>> Media Librarian=0A>>=0A>> 65 Witherspoon Street=0A>>=0A>> Princeton=
, NJ 08542=0A>>=0A>> =0A>> * *=0A>>=0A>> =0A>>=0A> =0A> =0A=0A=0AVIDEOLIB=
is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relatin=
g to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preserva=
tion, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and relate=
d institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective workin=
g tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between =
libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.=
ributors.=0A=0A=0A ___________________________________________________=
_________________________________=0AGet easy, one-click access to your favo=
rites. =0AMake Yahoo! your homepage.=0Ahttp://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
--0-984383552-1195517123=:26501

Maybe I have a hiccupping Yahoo account. Today I = got two from Peter Delin that were dated Saturday...
=0A
Chri= stine

=0A
I have to add: it's not a 2 disc edition. Both ver= sions, the German and
the French one are the same 1 disc edition with d= ifferent covers and
booklets.

Peter

Peter Delin schrieb:<= BR>> Dear Barbara,

> there is an excellent 2 disc edition= published in France and Germany
> with English subtitles/ NTSC/ no = region code - so playable in the US:
> http://www.abs= olutmedien.de/main.php?view=3Dfilm&id=3D1163
> http://www.dvdclassik.com/Critiques/verdun_visions_histoir= e.htm
>
> available from the usual mailorder shops:
>= ; http://www.amazon.de/Verdun-NTSC-Paul-Amiot/dp/B000MAH4A2<= BR>> http://www4.fnac.com/Shelf/article.aspx?PRID=3D1886812<= BR>> http://www.amazon.fr/Verdun-Visions-dh= istoire-Albert-Prejean/dp/B000ILZ89E/
>
> kind regards
= > Peter

> Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
> http://www.zlb.de= /en/index.html
> http://buecherei.netbib.de/coma/FilmSearch
&g= t; htt= p://buecherei.netbib.de/coma/Filmliteratur
> http://dvdbiblog.wordpress.com/=
>

> Barbara Silberstein schrieb:
>>= ; Question:
>>

>> Who has = the rights in this country to the film Verdun: Vision of
>> Histo= ry, the film by director L=E9on Poirier (French, 1884=961968) which
>= ;> was recently shown at the MOMA in NY.  Will it be available on D= VD any
>> time soon?

>>= ; Barbara Silberstein
>>
>> Media Librarian
>>
>> Princeton, NJ 0854= 2
>>

>> * *

= VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues= relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, = preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries an= d related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effectiv= e working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication = between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distrib= utors.
VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion= of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic= control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in li= braries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as a= n effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of comm= unication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.
=0A

=0A =
Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. =0A Make Ya= hoo! your homepage.=0A=0A --0-984383552-1195517123=:26501-- VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.