Re: [Videolib] Vendor suggestions

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:23:52 -0500

--B_3278064233_46176570

I did not mean to lump anyone in. It was my understanding that many of the
specialty educational companies like First Run, Women Make
Movies, BullFrog etc would only allow direct sales I sincerely apologize
if I am wrong but I would appreciate some clarification on policies from
any of the above and other specialty distributors. I know some companies
have titles that they may sell retail but other titles they will only sell
direct because of pricing and rights issues ( New Yorker and First Run come
to mind). I am reasonably certain that the majority of what I would call
high end specialty titles
( mostly non fiction) can only be bought directly from the distributor
meaning that even the best connected vendor would not be able to supply
them.

On 11/16/07 12:42 PM, "Cherene Birkholz" <c.birkholz@actionlibrarymedia.com>
wrote:

> I would like to make a comment about what Jessica Rosner said in her last
> posted. She essentially lumped us in with Midwest and B&T, saying that a
> service like ours cannot supply educational materials. This is not the case.
>
> Action! is a DVD jobber. We supply mass market and we also supply titles
> from vendors like Bullfrog, Films for the Humanities, and other specialty
> vendors who sell directly to the educational marketplace.
>
> --Cherene
>

> Cherene Birkholz
> President
> Action! Library Media Service
> 3450 E. Spring Street, Suite 208
> Long Beach, CA 90806
> p 562-988-8100 / 800-886-4408
> f 562-988-8122
> c.birkholz@actionlibrarymedia.com
> www.actionlibrarymedia.com <http://www.actionlibrarymedia.com>

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3278064233_46176570

Re: [Videolib] Vendor suggestions I did= not mean to lump anyone in.  It was my understanding that many of the = specialty educational companies like First Run, Women Make
Movies, BullFrog etc would only allow direct sales  I  sincerely = apologize if I am wrong but I would appreciate some clarification  on p= olicies from
any of the above and other specialty distributors. I know some companies ha= ve titles that they may sell retail but other titles they will only sell dir= ect because of pricing and rights issues ( New Yorker and First Run come to = mind). I am reasonably certain that the majority of what I would call high e= nd specialty titles
( mostly non fiction) can only be bought directly from the distributor mean= ing that even the best connected vendor would not be able to supply them.

I would like to make a comment about what Jessica Rosner sai= d in her last posted.  She essentially lumped us in with Midwest and B&= amp;T, saying that a service like ours cannot supply educational materials. =  This is not the case.