Re: [Videolib] Recommendations needed for good media vendor

Linda Hellman (lhellman@optonline.net)
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:33:01 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_6hR/qzlOpSMzRuFo5Lkg3g)

To add to Emily's comment, librarians are requesting Ambrose Video content delivered on multiple platforms and with various rights, streaming, duplication,broadcast etc.
Rights such as these are only available directly through Ambrose Video representatives.

Linda Hellman
Ambrose Video Publishing,Inc.
145 W.45th St. - Suite 1115
New York NY 10036
Tel: 1.888.802.6715
Fax: 1.914.526.0346
www.ambrosevideo.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Emily Ellington" <emily@visconsultants.com>
To: <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Recommendations needed for good media vendor

vollmami@oplin.org>

http://www.arrdis.com
>> --
>>
>> Michael Vollmar-Grone
>> Director of Audiovisual Services
>> Shelby County Libraries
>> 230 East North Street
>> Sidney, OH  45365

vollmami@oplin.org

> I usually just lurk, being a vendor and not a librarian,
> but I'd like to interject what I think is a universal truth
> here about the future direction of our culture with the
> current 'drive to the cheapest' mantra going un-challenged.
>
> If a vendor provides superior service, and therefor charges more,
> and you reward him by buying from someone else, you are telling
> him "You are wasting your effort and ruining your business -
> you ought to drop your extra-cost efforts and just sell the
> three Disney titles that move the fastest and cost the least",
> and save money by not having a telephone.
>
> Our society is in grave danger of ONLY having the Wall Marts
> and the other purchasing choices that only offer the cheapest
> possible (Chinese-produced, copyright-questionable?) alternatives,
> with no-one handling the more service-oriented (and therefor
> higher cost) choices. (Lead paint is used because it is
> cheaper than the alternatives, by the way.)
>
> We will get what we deserve and reward with our dollars.
> Watch out not only for what you wish for, but also
> for what you create with your purchasing decisions.
>
> </rant>
>

>> VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues
>> relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control,
>> preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries
>> and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an
>> effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
>> producers and distributors.
>>
>> --
>> dangerous content by ESVA, and is
>> believed to be clean.

--Boundary_(ID_6hR/qzlOpSMzRuFo5Lkg3g)-- VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.