Re: [Videolib] Media vendor

Christine Godin (diractor@yahoo.com)
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 08:17:17 -0800 (PST)

--0-665717149-1195229837=:70458

Wow, we have two highly recommended vendors to investigate! I am thrilled at the response; this is one of the reasons I subscribed to this list. You folks have been very helpful. I will work with our purchasing department to make this happen.

Christine Godin
Northwest Vista College

----- Original Message ----
From: "Videogo@aol.com" <Videogo@aol.com>
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 8:45:57 AM
Subject: [Videolib] Media vendor

In a message dated 11/15/07 5:02:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, Kaolsen@browardlibrary.org writes:
I am still looking for a good media vendor that can handle a lot of our individual orders with one common invoice for films from a variety of sources, good customer service, and reliable standing orders & approval plans. Any and all recommendations, comments, will be appreciated.
I was hoping one of our 1200 satisfied customer accounts would have chimed in by now! 8->

Please allow me to self advocate! (And forgive the apparent self-promotion, but I am indeed answering a valid inquiry and love to help out this listserv)...

Since 1989, Vide-O-Go has established a working relationship with over 1200 library and school accounts throughout the United States and overseas by offering courteous and personalized attention exclusively toward institutional multimedia acquisition needs through our friendly, family owned and operated, distribution service.

Approaching 20 years of business experience, Vide-O-Go continues to answer your call for excellence in packaged media distribution and exceptional customer service:

YES! WE CAN DO THAT!

P YES! We offer full multimedia distribution services including the sale of VHS and DVD video, music CDs, spoken word audio and books.

P YES! We can be your PRIMARY supplier... if its available through Baker & Taylor, Ingram, and Facets - or reviewed in Video Librarian, Library Journal or Booklist - orders for both first-run feature releases as well as instructional and educational media can be consolidated and purchased through Vide-O-Go.

P YES! We can be your SECONDARY supplier... if its not available through your contracted primary supplier, Vide-O-Go specializes in offering non-theatrical titles for the library and educational market, including all special market programs from A&E and The History Channel, PBS, WGBH and Schlessinger Media (subject to street date). Check out the supplier link at our website for a listing of hundreds of other suppliers!

P YES! We can CONSOLIDATE your CATALOG ORDERS... we have direct relationships with and can supply all titles from Weston Woods, Scholastic, Live Oak, Big Kids, Sunburst, Films Media Group, TMW Media, Clearvue & SVE, Discovery Education and Spoken Arts. Check out the supplier link at our website for a listing of hundreds of other catalogers!

P YES! We offer competitive bidding and proposals to large library and educational systems. But if youre a small or independent institution, you can also purchase a single title at a time to establish or maintain your account with Vide-O-Go.

P YES! You can special order programs that are not listed in our online database (including most CD-ROMs and PC games!) but you can get a good start with the one million + titles that are available at www.videogo.com.

Please contact our Cary, NC offices via email (videogo@aol.com), fax (919-363-7921) or toll-free at 1-800-323-VIDEO (8433) with any questions about our service and title selection. Your thoughtful comments will help us to continue to provide excellence in one-stop distribution. We have the utmost confidence that our products and services will meet your facility's acquisition needs and allow us to achieve much success together.

Wishing you continued success...
Dean W. Stevens
Vide-O-Go / That's Infotainment!

NC Office: 206 Winding Ridge, Cary, NC 27518-8934
Phone: 919-363-7920 / Fax: 919-363-7921

Email: videogo@aol.com

Visit us on the web: www.videogo.com
Visit our new eBay Overstock & Clearance Center!
To prevent this and other Vide-O-Go email
from getting blocked by an overzealous spam filter,
please add our "from" address (videogo@aol.com) to your address book.

Make Yahoo! your homepage.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
[...]

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Yahoo Mobile. Try it now. --0-665717149-1195229837=:70458-- VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.