Re: [Videolib] Recommendations needed for good media vendor

Christine Godin (diractor@yahoo.com)
Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:04:27 -0800 (PST)

--0-803587151-1195149867=:1283

When you find it, please share! It doesn't appear that one exists or else they are a Very Big Well Kept Secret. Years ago, PMS (I forget the exact name but that's the acronym) tried to do this. They ended up being very slow, waited until all your titles were in to ship, sent invoices that looked like they had been typed on a typewriter or an ancient computer system. They were bought up by B&T and moved to Reno, NV. While a majority of book publishers are willing to sell through distributors, media producers seem loathe to do the same. The upshot it is that it is extremely time-consuming, frustrating, and costly to purchase audiovisual materials if you are in a public institution.

Christine Godin
Northwest Vista College
San Antonio

----- Original Message ----
From: Rhonda Pancoe <rpancoe@mail.colgate.edu>
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 10:29:35 AM
Subject: [Videolib] Recommendations needed for good media vendor

I am still looking for a good media vendor that can handle a lot of our individual orders with one common invoice for films from a variety of sources, good customer service, and reliable standing orders & approval plans. Any and all recommendations, comments, will be appreciated. You may email me directly.
Rhonda
Rhonda Pancoe
Media Acquisitions Coordinator
Colgate University Library
13 Oak Drive
Hamilton, NY 13346
Phone: 315-228-7858
Fax: 315-228-6227
RPancoe@Mail.Colgate.Edu

Be a better pen pal.
[...]

Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how. --0-803587151-1195149867=:1283-- VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.