Re: [Videolib] discovery channel videos

Christine Godin (diractor@yahoo.com)
Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:45:13 -0800 (PST)

--0-1928365538-1195141513=:31952

In our district each vendor must register by filling out a form and W-9. Although most respond quickly and fax it back to purchasing quickly, some firms seem to never find the right person or dept to do it. It took a year to get Penn State's media dept to be registered, for instance. And until I called the Natl Film Board of Canada and managed to get a live person, my email and fax requests were either ignored or went awry somewhere. SO, it's a lot easier if one of the large distributors or Baker and Taylor are carrying the item. Alas, most educational video producers don't do business that way.

Loved your concept, though!
Christine

----- Original Message ----
From: Rick Faaberg <rfaaberg@comcast.net>
To: Videolib List <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 12:44:24 AM
Subject: Re: [Videolib] discovery channel videos

On 11/14/07 9:19 AM "Christine Godin" <diractor@yahoo.com> sent this out:

> I can't seem to get them into our vendor file

Sorry, but what does that mean? "Discovery Channel" won't fit into a
database field, or ?

Baffled,

Rick Faaberg

Make Yahoo! your homepage.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
--0-1928365538-1195141513=:31952

In our district each vendor must register by filling out a form and W-9. Although most respond quickly and fax it back to purchasing quickly, some firms seem to never find the right person or dept to do it. It took a year to get Penn State's media dept to be registered, for instance. And until I called the Natl Film Board of Canada and managed to get a live person, my email and fax requests were either ignored or went awry somewhere. SO, it's a lot easier if one of the large distributors or Baker and Taylor are carrying the item. Alas, most educational video producers don't do business that way.

Loved your concept, though!
Christine

> I can't seem to get them into our vendor file

Sorry, but what does that mean? "Discovery Channel" won't fit into a
database field, or ?

Baffled,

Rick Faaberg

Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how. --0-1928365538-1195141513=:31952-- VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.