RE: [Videolib] NEED TO VENT--those #@&*!&% DVD-Rs

Schmitt, Mike (schmittm@uwgb.edu)
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 08:50:27 -0600

--_000_ED1E60CACF5CD748A388D6B15CECA6FD74319D74exmsbuwgbedu_

Playing DVD-R's on a computer has been problematic for us. With a conventi=
onal DVD player we have had very few problems playing any recorded discs.

--Mike Schmitt
UW-Green Bay

________________________________
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu [mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkel=
ey.edu] On Behalf Of Christine Godin
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 3:29 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] NEED TO VENT--those #@&*!&% DVD-Rs

I absolutely agree. We naively bought several without realizing the true ra=
mifications--no extras. And sometimes very difficult to play. I am vowing t=
o avoid this format as much as possible in the future. For what we are payi=
ng, I expect chapters and subtitles or captioning. I understand that these =
"niche" titles don't sell like Star Wars, but really!--We need products tha=
t are accessible by all students and are useful as instructional tools. Whe=
n I get something that is not chaptered and has no documentation as to the =
content, I am pretty sure it will not be used. I say that from experience i=
n the classroom as well as getting faculty feedback.

Christine Godin
Northwest Vista College
San Antonio