Re: [Videonews] DVD-Rs

Dennis Doros (milefilms@gmail.com)
Tue, 6 Nov 2007 23:20:43 -0500

Besides usually a "DVD-R" or "DVD+R" printed on the top side of the
disc, a DVD+/-R is physically burned into the bottom side of the disc
rather than stamped. Unless it's a full disc, you can see where it is
burned and then it's shiny where it's blank. A DVD is completely
shiny.

As I've said before on the listserv, I've found that the DVD-Rs that
are done at a video lab on professional equipment (usually at a cost
of $5 or less per DVD) a lot more reliable than those burned in-house
on cheaper machines.

Dennis
Milestone

--