RE: [Videolib] NEED TO VENT--those #@&*!&% DVD-Rs

Mark Kopp (mkopp@iu08.org)
Tue, 6 Nov 2007 14:08:56 -0500

Some "Techie" input...

Many do not realize there are several different DVD's. The DVDs that are
original "stamped", manufactured DVDs are the normal "home theater"
disks that you would find at a Blockbuster, etc.

There are also DVD-R (DVD minus R) and DVD+R (DVD plus R). MOST newer
units will play both. MOST newer computers/burners will burn both, but
the preference would be DVD+R. The DVD-R has been around longer
(1996-07), so there are more units that will play them, just because
there have been more units manufactured. The DVD+R is the newer of the
two (2002), but there is more compatibility, in general. From a purely
technological standpoint, the DVD+Rs are the way to go, but you'll need
a newer machine for viewing. Remind you of anything???...VHS vs
Beta?...lol

Mark

Mark W. Kopp
Technology Assistant