Re: [Videolib] Copyright on some images

ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
Thu, 1 Nov 2007 15:56:45 -0700 (PDT)

HarpWeek is an online surrogate version of Harper's Weekly with a search
front-end. Even though the journal itself is public domain (i.e. the
print version), the online version is most likely proprietary and
copyrighted.

Gary

Here are the publisher's conditions:

You shall NOT, without prior written consent of HarpWeek:

Use the Product, or any component thereof, for any commercial purpose,
including, but not limited to, advertising or subscription.

Disclose, use, display or make available the Product or any component
thereof to any third party in excess of Fair Use.

For a period of more than seventy-two (72) hours, cache or otherwise
temporarily store the Product or component thereof, on any server or other
device used to communicate with individual personal computers or personal
devices. Such limitation does not include cache which is automatically
stored by an individual personal browser application.

Publish, re-publish, distribute or transmit the Product or any component
thereof to any person or entity in excess of Fair Use.

Other than for Fair Use purposes, print or download all or any component
or excerpts of the Product, including Software or Content, on a systematic
or methodical basis, via manual or automated/computer/software assisted
means.

Store the downloaded Content in any electronic/magnetic/optical or other
format now known or hereinafter created for more than ninety (90) days.

Assign, rent, lend, lease, sell, sublicense, transfer, export from the
United States, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, reverse
engineer, decompile, disassemble, extract components, or create derivative
works of the Product or component thereof.

Remove, modify or hide or otherwise make unreadable or non-viewable any
notice, legend, advice, watermark or other designation contained on the
Product, component thereof, or output therefrom.

When HarpWeek is used or referenced in commerce, advertisements,
subscriptions, in any activity that creates revenue or in any print or
electronic media, HarpWee