Re: [Videolib] Copyright on some images

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Thu, 01 Nov 2007 18:11:29 -0400

Um just to play Chuck for a moment. How does THAT work ?
Kino and Milestone and others do get "special contents" copyrights on
otherwise PD works because we add elements ( scores, tints, titles). This
means our versions of things like BIRTH OF A NATION or PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
are copyrighted but we of course hold no copyright on the films generally
In order to make such an image qualify for copyright or restriction what
does HarpWeek add to it. I mean I suppose they might set it up to make you
pay to download but how could they actually copyright it?