Re: [Videolib] When the Levees Broke

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:11:42 -0400

I think I have mentioned this before but there is often a contractual
problem for made for TV works to ever to be able to be shown to a public
audience. It has to do with a number of the union contracts and to add that
right would drive up the price of the production. It is often just not worth
it to them. It is a case by case situation but it may well be that 40 Mules
can not grant rights for any public showings

On 10/10/07 12:43 PM, "MichaelMay.5652831@bloglines.com"
<MichaelMay.5652831@bloglines.com> wrote:

> I haven't had any luck with this.
>

> Swank referred me to Spike Lee's company
> 40 Acres & A Mule Filmworks in Brooklyn at phone 718-624-3703. I called there
> and they told me to fax my request in writing to them, which I did last
> February.
> They never responded. Hey Spike, if you're subscribed to videolib, what's
> up with that?
>

> Staff involved with Teaching the Levees told me that the
> free copies of When the Levees Broke that they are distributing could be shown
> without PPR only if used with their curriculum:
>

> http://www.teachingthelevees.org/
>

> Mike in Dubuque
>

> --- videolib@lists.berkeley.edu wrote:
>
> I just finished
> reading all the archived messages regarding WHEN THE
>
>> LEVEES BROKE but didn't
> see where anyone was successful in acquiring
>
>> PPR. I have a student group
> that wants to show it so I need a license
>
>> to do so. Did anyone ever get
> a definitive answer on this?
>

>> Rhonda
>

>> Rhonda Pancoe