Re: [Videolib] Media booking systems/software

Marlene_Graham@baruch.cuny.edu
Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:11:18 -0400

--=_alternative 0069656885257364_=

Also, about Webcheckout. They have a Patron Initiated Booking module for
media and equipment as well as they can interface with your streaming
media system to handle bookings for digital media. At York College they
are using Webcheckout to book AV equipment and their media collection that
consists of DVDs and videos. York is in the process of incorporating
their Patron Initiated Booking module.

FYI...I don't get any kickbacks or anything from them and I will let them
do any further marketing at the conferences. I just like their system
and find it easy to work with :-)

Afua

Marlene Graham(aka Afua Kafi-Akua)
Media Resources Manager & Adjunct Lecturer
Communications & Technology Center
Baruch College/CUNY
One Bernard Baruch Way
Box - H-O910
New York, NY 10010-5585
Tel: 646.312.1138
Fax:: 646.312.1131
marlene_graham@baruch.cuny.edu

Maryon Egerton-Jones <Maryon.Egerton-Jones@senecac.on.ca>
Sent by: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
09/28/2007 02:57 PM
Please respond to
videolib@lists.berkeley.edu

videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
cc

Subject
Re: [Videolib] Media booking systems/software

I'm using Voyager's Media Scheduling Module (owned by Ex-Libris now) and
am quite happy with it, although customer support could be better. We
book equipment as well as our media collection. The only difficulty
we've encountered with the system is bookings between campus locations
(we have 4) A recent upgrade to the module allows for web-booking
functionality. I am piloting this with our media collection only
(equipment bookings were too problematic)

regards,
Maryon

ghandman@library.berkeley.edu wrote:

>hi all
>
>This discussion has periodically made the rounds of videolib in the past,
>but I need to ask it again.
>
>Is anyone using turnkey media booking/reservation system or software that
>they like? I'm particularly interested in web-based systems. I know
>about MediaNet, how about others...?
>
>Gary
>

>Gary Handman
>Director
>Media Resources Center
>Moffitt Library
>UC Berkeley
>
>510-643-8566
>ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
>http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC
>
>"In societies where modern conditions of production prevail, all of life
>presents itself as an immense accumulation of spectacles."
>--Guy Debord

as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video
producers and distributors.

--
Maryon Egerton-Jones
Media Co-ordinator

--=_alternative 0069656885257364_= Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"