Re: [Videolib] Film for Women in Medicine program

Golden, Delia (goldend@mail.nlm.nih.gov)
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:38:59 -0400

Nicholle,

If you are interested in non-fiction, career education materials, NIH Office of Research on Women's Health, Office of Science Education offers free upon request, a video series featuring women in medicine and science at http://science.education.nih.gov/women/index.html.

DVD titles are "Women Are Surgeons," "Women Are Pathologists," and "Women Are Researchers"; "Women Scientists with Disabilities" is available only on VHS. Video clips are available on the website.

'"Women Are Scientists" is a series of FREE video presentations that showcases successful female scientists in their respective specialties, and informs students about educational requirements, rewards, and challenges of careers in the biomedical sciences. Each video presentation gives a detailed view of three women scientists, from various backgrounds, as role models for their particular career. This series is designed to motivate students to take more challenging advanced science and math courses and to enable them to successfully direct their own career paths.'

Sincere regards,

Delia Golden
U.S. National Library of Medicine
TSD Selection & Acquisition Section