Re: [Videolib] Film for Women in Medicine program

Filmakers Library (info@filmakers.com)
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:08:53 -0400

--Apple-Mail-27--679147947
delsp=yes;
format=flowed

Hi Nichole,
Hope it is not to late to suggest the documentary "In Search of
Lucille: The Woman Behind the Surgeon's Mask." It is the inspiring
story of Dr. Lucille Teasdale, an extraordinary doctor and
humanitarian who founded the Lacor Hospital in Uganda and worked in
every ward of the hospital from pediatrics to infectious diseases.
It is available from Filmakers Library for rental or purchase with
public performance rights. For full description on our web site
please click on this link: http://filmakers.com/indivs/lucille.htm

Sue Oscar
Filmakers Library, Inc.
124 E. 40th Street
Suite 901
New York, NY 10016
Phone:212-808-4980
Fax:212-808-4983
info@filmakers.com
www.filmakers.com

On Aug 28, 2007, at 1:57 PM, Nicholle Gerharter - NCPL wrote:

> Can anyone suggest films that fit the theme "Women in Medicine"? Our
> library is hosting the ALA traveling exhibit of the same name in early
> 2008 and we'd like to have a film discussion to coincide with other
> events. Suggestions with easy-to-obtain public performance rights are
> appreciated (we do already have a license from Movie Licensing
> USA). Thanks!
>
> *********
> Nicholle Gerharter
> Reference Librarian
> Natrona County Public Library
> 307 E. Second St.
> Casper, WY 82601
> (307) 237-4935
> www.natronacountylibrary.org
>

> VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion
> of issues relating to the selection, evaluation,
> and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions.
> It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool
> for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between
> distributors.

--Apple-Mail-27--679147947

Hi Nichole,

Hope it is not = to late to suggest=A0 the=A0 documentary "In Search of Lucille: The = Woman Behind the Surgeon's Mask."=A0 It is the inspiring story of Dr. = Lucille Teasdale, an extraordinary doctor and humanitarian=A0 who = founded the Lacor Hospital in Uganda and worked in every ward of the = hospital from pediatrics to infectious diseases.=A0 It is available from = Filmakers Library for rental or purchase with public performance = rights.=A0 For full description on our web site please click on this = link:=A0http://filmakers.com/indi= vs/lucille.htm=A0

Sue Oscar

Filmakers Library, Inc.

124 E. 40th Street

Suite 901