RE: [Videolib] What to do with DVD-Rs?[Scanned]

Mark Kopp (mkopp@iu08.org)
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:58:36 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C7FAEF.14C8C916

MOST of the time, but not all of the time, the issue is the "type" of
DVD recordable. There are DVD+R and DVD-R recordable. You will find
newer players (2004 and newer) having more difficulty playing DVD-R than
DVD+R. The DVD-R will play on more machines, simply because more
machines were manufactured, that consistently play that format. The
DVD-R machines have been in production since 1997, but DVD+R machines
have only been around since 2002. You will also have far better luck
with consistent playback, if the original source is DVD (vs DV).=20
=20
These are basics of the issue, and there is far more to it. Suffice it
to say, it isn't going to work itself out anytime soon. All in all,
though, DVD+R media if far superior to the DVD-R in design and use.
=20
Mark
=20
=20