Re: [Videolib] What to do with DVD-Rs?

Deb Seiffert (Seifferd@nicc.edu)
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:13:18 -0500

One thing we found out is that the instructor forgot to "finalize"
their DVD. This is the final step after making a recording. Once
they did that the DVD would work in most of our equipment. Of
course, there is always that quirky DVD than Just won't cooperate. -
deb

On 19 Sep 2007, at 11:44, you wrote:

Date sent: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:44:29 -0400
From: Karen Heckman <heckmank1@Scranton.edu>
Subject: [Videolib] What to do with DVD-Rs?
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Send reply to: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu

> We have recently been acquiring more DVD-Rs and finding they are very
> unreliable as far as playback. The last one we received we put in a
> Panasonic player and got a message "nothing recorded" ..... tried it
> in a Toshiba player and it worked! I think I understand that it is not
> a problem with the player but rather how the info is written to the
> disc but if I'm wrong it won't be the first time .... nor the last.
>
> I am sure I'm not the only one dealing with this problem .... am I?
> How do others handle something like this when a Prof takes a
> questionable item to use in a class? Tell him/her to check it first
> as it may or may not work? /I don't think so. /(sarcasm indented)
>
> I'm not a technical person .... just trying to do the best job I can
> where I am. Help, please!
>
> Karen
> --
>
> Karen V. Heckman
>
> Coordinator
>
> Media Resources Collection
>
> Weinberg Memorial Library
>
> University of Scranton
>
> Phone: 570-941-6330
>
> FAX: 570-941-6369
>
> *
> *
>
> ****

Deb Seiffert
Learning Resources Coord.
Northeast Iowa Community College
Peosta Campus
seifferd@nicc.edu
563-556-5110 ext. 269
1.800.728.7367 ext. 269

"They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the desk, all quiet and everything.
They're like plotting the revolution, man." Michael Moore on librarians.