Re: [Videolib] Of interest[Scanned]

Dennis Doros (milefilms@gmail.com)
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 15:42:57 -0400

On 9/5/07, Mark Kopp <mkopp@iu08.org> wrote:
> I, personally, do not work with this type of medium, so my question is
> merely out of curiosity. If someone wanted materials from the National
> Archives and Records Administration, would you have to buy it? What
> videos are housed there?...in what format?...what use?...what rights to
> it?...etc...>

NARA is one of the amazing archives in the world in terms of scope and
availability. For ordering material you can see how to go about it at
http://www.archives.gov/research/order/

If they already have a video master, then a dupe is fairly
inexpensive. And since it's mostly government material, most of it is
in the public domain. To get a digibeta master of a half-hour film
we're using as a bonus feature for a DVD, it took about three weeks
and the cost was $150 which is extremely reasonable.

--
Best,
Dennis Doros