Re: [Videolib] class & public screenings question

Susan Albrecht (albrechs@wabash.edu)
Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:56:27 -0400

At 09:30 AM 8/30/2007, you wrote:
>I’m pretty sure that I asked this question in
>some form or another, but I’m in the back-to-school craziness…
>
>If an instructor is planning on screening films
>for a specific class BUT wants to also invite
>the public and advertise them on campus­do they
>need PPR or does this fall under fair use? The
>films are subtitled foreign language feature films.
>
>As always, thanks!
>
>Sarah Andrews, M.A.

You need PPR. This just came up on our campus
with a prof who wanted to invite everyone to
screenings for his theater course. It's truly
amazing how often people think *the only* issue
is whether a fee is being charged....

Susan at Wabash

Susan Albrecht
Acquisitions Coordinator