RE: [Videolib] Benefit denial cases

Christine Godin (diractor@yahoo.com)
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 17:27:06 -0700 (PDT)

--0-385559379-1188260826=:70390

We've had very few complaints and those were from folks who obviously tried to pry it off and THEN reported it was defective! I've used them in my car with no problem. The case gets the barcode; the disc gets the tattletape.

Christine Godin

"Gerald A. Notaro" <notaro@stpt.usf.edu> wrote:
And do you get complaints from people with slot loading machines?

Jerry

Skarra, Mary wrote:

> With multiple discs, do you tag each one?
>
> Mary Skarra Lib. Spec III
> mary.skarra@lacnm.us
> Mesa Public Library
> 2400 Central Ave
> Los Alamos, NM 87544
> (505) 663-1812
>

> We use the 3M tattletape for CDs and DVDs. Occasionally we lose one, but
> it's pretty rare. We are more likely to get the case returned without the
> DVD where the patron has just forgotten to put it in! All our AV materials
> are out on the shelves.
>

> Christine Godin
>
> Northwest Vista College
>
> Eileen Simmons wrote:
>
> We are rapidly running out of room to continue double-shellving our DVD
> collection. Our circulation people are asking for suggestions. We are a
> medium-sized public library. When we first began buying DVDs we were naïve
> enough to put them out on the shelf trusting that the "security" cases we
> bought would work. Half of our opening collection disappeared, and we
> realized that we would have to shelve the actual disks behind the circ
> desk if we hoped to hang on to what we were buying.
>
> Lately I've been reading about benefit denial cases. Would any library who
> has used these cases please let me know if they really work? Or if you've
> come up with another solution to this problem, I would love to hear it.
>
> Thanks,
> Eileen D. Simmons
> Director
> Everett Public Library
> 2702 Hoyt Ave.
> Everett, WA 98201
> 425.257.8022
> 425.257.8017 (fax)
>

> _____
>
> Be a better Heartthrob. Get
>
> better relationship answers from someone who knows.
> Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

--0-385559379-1188260826=:70390

returned without the<BR>&gt; DVD where the patron has just forgotten to put it in! All our AV materials<BR>&gt; are out on the shelves.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Christine Godin<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Northwest Vista College<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Eileen Simmons <ESIMMONS@CI.EVERETT.WA.US>wrote:<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; We are rapidly running out of room to continue double-shellving our DVD<BR>&gt; collection. Our circulation people are asking for suggestions. We are a<BR>&gt; medium-sized public library. When we first began buying DVDs we were naïve<BR>&gt; enough to put them out on the shelf trusting that the "security" cases we<BR>&gt; bought would work. Half of our opening collection disappeared, and we<BR>&gt; realized that we would have to shelve the actual disks behind the circ<BR>&gt; desk if we hoped to hang on to what we were buying.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Lately I've been reading about benefit denial cases. Would any library who<BR>&gt; has used these cases please let me know if they
really work? Or if you've<BR>&gt; come up with another solution to this problem, I would love to hear it.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Thanks,<BR>&gt; Eileen D. Simmons<BR>&gt; Director<BR>&gt; Everett Public Library<BR>&gt; 2702 Hoyt Ave.<BR>&gt; Everett, WA 98201<BR>&gt; 425.257.8022<BR>&gt; 425.257.8017 (fax)<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; _____<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Be a better Heartthrob. Get<BR>&gt; <HTTP: evt="48255/*http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/_ylc=X3oDMTI5MGx2aThyBF9TAzIxMTU1MDAzNTIEX3MDMzk2NTQ1MTAzBHNlYwNCQUJwaWxsYXJfTklfMzYwBHNsawNQcm9kdWN0X3F1ZXN0aW9uX3BhZ2U-?link=list&amp;sid=396545433" us.rd.yahoo.com><BR>&gt; better relationship answers from someone who knows.<BR>
institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.<BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><p>&#32;
<hr size=1>Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48516/*http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7 ">Join Yahoo!'s user panel</a> and lay it on us.

--0-385559379-1188260826=:70390--