Re: [Videolib] Vacancy: Director, Film and Media Library,

Gerald A. Notaro (notaro@stpt.usf.edu)
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 17:03:00 -0400 (EDT)

Gary Handman wrote:
Similarly, comments and opinions regarding the nature of such
> positions or (most certainly) experiences with interviewing for such
> positions should NOT appear on this list. It's simple listserv
> etiquette...simple good manners, period. Yes?

I don't agree entirely. Surely a video library group is an appropriate
place to discuss the value of an MLS in a video library position. I don't
see any breach of list etiquette in that. Universities may well be asking
the same question, and I think it is up to us who are both media
collection managers and librarians to defend an MLS, or not.

Jerry