Re: [Videolib] From American Libraries

Linda Gottesman (linda@filmakers.com)
Mon, 13 Aug 2007 17:55:28 -0400

Kathy,

Filmakers Library has some unique films on Islamic culture. Please
look at our web site (www.filmakers.com) and check out these titles:
Heavenly Mud (architecture) I Named Her Angel (Sufi dance); and A
Little for My Heart (a Muslim women's orchestra)
Robbing the Cradle of Civilization may be too much of a downer (the
looting of Iraq' s ancient treasures).

Best,

Linda Gottesman

On Aug 13, 2007, at 4:29 PM, kathy Evans wrote:

> Dear Video librarians,
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion for a video on Islamic architecture
> or culture? There will be an exhibition on Islamic architecture
> here at Purdue in the fall and the professor in charge wants to
> show something to enhance the scope of what they are covering. He
> would also be interested in any other area of Islamic culture, say
> something on manuscripts, calligraphy, a particular period--say
> Ottoman. I know we will have to deal with the performance rights
> issue since it is in a gallery space. Thanks for any suggestions.
>

> Kathy
>

> --
> * Kathy Evans
> Slide Librarian
> Division of Art and Design
> Patti and Rusty Rueff Dept of Visual and Performing Arts
> Yue-Kong Pao Hall of Visual and Performing Arts
> 552 West Wood Street
> West Lafayette, IN 47907-2002
> * kathy@purdue.edu
> w: (765) 494-7666
>
> VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion
> of issues relating to the selection, evaluation,
> and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions.
> It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool
> for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between
> distributors.

Linda Gottesman
Filmakers Library, Inc.
124 E 40th Street