Re: [Videolib] Cool complaint against those misrepresenting

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 07 Aug 2007 16:32:47 -0400

--B_3269349172_135996142

I wouldn=B9t hold your breath for any decision on this.
I can=B9t get all that excited because the exemptions which this complaint
argues are not made clear
Involve educational and artistic use ( Teaching , incorporating part of a
work into another work etc)
not individual =B3consumers=8C that they claim are being harmed. I don=B9t see
how an individual consumer is being harmed by being told
that they can=B9t reproduce a copyrighted work without permission and I assum=
teachers, writers and artist have some awareness of
Copyright exemptions for educational & artistic use.

This is not a consumer issue and thus is not going to get any interest from
the FTC.

On 8/7/07 3:18 PM, "Brewer, Michael" <brewerm@u.library.arizona.edu> wrote:

> This is a very cool read.
>=20
> http://www.defendfairuse.org/include/complaint.html
> <http://www.defendfairuse.org/include/complaint.html>
>=20
> Michael Brewer
>=20
> Slavic Studies, German Studies & Media Arts Librarian
>=20
> University of Arizona Library
>=20
> brewerm@u.library.arizona.edu <mailto:brewerm@u.library.arizona.edu>
>=20

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3269349172_135996142

Re: [Videolib] Cool complaint against those misrepresenting copyrigh= t I wou= ldn’t hold your breath for any decision on this.
I can’t get all that excited because the exemptions which this compla= int argues are not made clear
Involve educational and artistic use ( Teaching , incorporating part of a w= ork into another  work etc)
not individual  “consumers‘ that they claim are being harm= ed. I don’t see how an individual consumer is being harmed by being to= ld
that they can’t reproduce a copyrighted work without permission and I= assume teachers, writers and artist have some awareness of