Re: [Videolib] help finding film, please

Christine Godin (diractor@yahoo.com)
Fri, 3 Aug 2007 16:40:36 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1624147260-1186184436=:6635

I believe it was put out very very recently, as the Worldcat indicates it is a 2006 or 07 product. Only one library or so owns it at this point.

Christine Godin

jrosner@kino.com wrote:
This a Paramount studios film
A release from any other company would almost certainly be an illegal bootleg
I am a bit surprised that Paramount has not put it out ( if they have not)
but again tens of thousands of hollywood feature films are not released
If you find them at some obscure web site or especially one from Asia
they are pirate copies

Quoting "Delin, Peter" :

> Dear Winifred,
>
> HKflix offers a DVD from an US based distributor called "Blax" (?)
> http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.541787/qx/details.htm
>
> kind regards
> Peter
>
> Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
> http://www.zlb.de/en/index.html
> http://buecherei.netbib.de/coma/FilmSearch
> http://dvdbiblog.wordpress.com/
>
> Winifred Fordham Metz schrieb:
> > Hi-
> > I have a faculty member trying to find a copy of Gordon Parks' film
> > "Leadbelly" and she is fairly certain she's seen it on VHS, but I cannot
> > find any evidence that it was ever released for home viewing. Any help
> > would be greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks!
> > Winifred Fordham Metz
> > Media Librarian
> > House Undergraduate Library
> > University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

> > issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic
> > control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in
> > libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve
> > as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel
> > of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video
> > producers and distributors.

> distributors.

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
--0-1624147260-1186184436=:6635

Peter<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin<BR>&gt; http://www.zlb.de/en/index.html<BR>&gt; http://buecherei.netbib.de/coma/FilmSearch<BR>&gt; http://dvdbiblog.wordpress.com/<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Winifred Fordham Metz schrieb:<BR>&gt; &gt; Hi-<BR>&gt; &gt; I have a faculty member trying to find a copy of Gordon Parks' film <BR>&gt; &gt; "Leadbelly" and she is fairly certain she's seen it on VHS, but I cannot <BR>&gt; &gt; find any evidence that it was ever released for home viewing. Any help <BR>&gt; &gt; would be greatly appreciated.<BR>&gt; &gt; Thanks!<BR>&gt; &gt; ----------------------------------------<BR>&gt; &gt; Winifred Fordham Metz<BR>&gt; &gt; Media Librarian<BR>&gt; &gt; House Undergraduate Library<BR>&
evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic <BR>&gt; &gt; control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in <BR>&gt; &gt; libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve <BR>&gt; &gt; as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel <BR>&gt; &gt; of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video <BR>&gt; &gt; producers and distributors.<BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues<BR>&gt; relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control,<BR>&gt; preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and<BR>&gt; related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective<BR>&gt; working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication<BR>&gt; between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and<BR>&gt;
distributors.<BR><BR><BR>VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.<BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><p>&#32;

<hr size=1>Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles.<br><a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48246/*http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/;_ylc=X3oDMTE5cDF2bXZzBF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDZ3JlZW4tY2VudGVy">Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.</a>
--0-1624147260-1186184436=:6635--