Re: [Videolib] Memories of underdevelopment - is this available

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 01 Aug 2007 15:47:36 -0400

--B_3268828059_104764038

--B_3268828059_104738017

You could always as a Canadian to do it for you.

On 8/1/07 3:27 PM, "Christopher Lewis" <clewis@american.edu> wrote:

> [...]
>=20
> Dear Christopher,
>=20
> there is a Cuban mail order provider that offers this title with English
> subs (DVD/NTSC):
> http://videos.soycubano.com/video.asp
> ( 2 adresses in Canada and Cuba http://videos.soycubano.com/about.asp)
>=20
> Sorry, no link to this title in the database:
>=20
> Title: DVD Memorias del subdesarrollo
> DVD
> Price: $ 15.00 USD
>=20
> Director: Tom=E1s Guti=E9rrez Alea
> Script: Tom=E1s Guti=E9rrez Alea
> Music: Leo Brouwer
> Artist: Sergio Corrieri, Daisy Granados, Eslinda Nu=F1ez
> Year: 2005
> Duration: 104 min
>=20
>=20
> Sergio decides to stay in Cuba while all of his family leaves the
> country, after the triumph of the Revolution. While being alone, he will
> try to find some sense to his life, writing memories; and the Revolution
> become a challenge for him: he will try to understand it and find a
> place for it among his system of values. Lastly, with the October
> (Misile) Crisis, he will discover that all his education and beliefs are
> collapsing.
> Contents: Film, =A8El cine y la memoria=A8 Documentary, Pictures Gallery,
> Posters, Technique Cards, Awards, Review and Scenes Selection.
> NTSC and Subtitle: Spanish, English, French, German, Italian and Portugue=
se.
>=20
> Kind regards
> Peter
>=20
> Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
> http://www.zlb.de/en/index.html
> http://buecherei.netbib.de/coma/FilmSearch
> http://dvdbiblog.wordpress.com/
>=20
>=20
> Christopher Lewis schrieb:
>> > The only ones I've located are on websites where there's no mention of
>> > subtitles.
>> >=20
>> > Chris Lewis
>> > Media Librarian
>> > American University Library
>> > 202.885.3257
>> >=20
>> > "Never write when you can talk. Never talk when you can nod. And never
>> > put anything in an e-mail." - Eliot Spitzer on Secrets of Success
>> >=20
>=20
>=20
> VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issu=
es
> preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries =
and
> related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effectiv=

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3268828059_104738017

Re: [Videolib] Memories of underdevelopment - is this available anyw= here on DVD with English subtitles? You c= ould always as a Canadian to do it for you.

Actually this was where I started but the website didn'= t have an ordering option for US customers - though it did for what seemed l= ike the 193 other countries in the world. I figured that was probably effect= ed by the US embargo.

 Chris Lewis
Media Librarian
American University Library
202.885.3257

"Never write when you can talk. Never talk when you can nod. And never= put anything in an e-mail."   - Eliot Spitzer on Secrets of = Success
delin@zlb.de (Delin, Peter)

videolib@lists.berkeley.edu

cc

Subje= ct

Re: [Videolib] Memories of underdevelopment - is this available anywhere on= DVD with English subtitles?
<= BR>
Dear Christopher,

there is a Cuban mail order provider that offers this title with English subs (DVD/NTSC):
http://videos.soycubano.com= /video.asp
( 2 adresses in Canada and Cuba http://videos.soycubano.com/about.asp)

Sorry, no link to this title in the database:

Title: DVD Memorias del subdesarrollo
DVD
Price: $ 15.00 USD

Director: Tomás Gutiérrez Alea
Script: Tomás Gutiérrez Alea
Music: Leo Brouwer
Artist: Sergio Corrieri, Daisy Granados, Eslinda Nuñez
Year: 2005
Duration: 104 min

Sergio decides to stay in Cuba while all of his family leaves the
country, after the triumph of the Revolution. While being alone, he will try to find some sense to his life, writing memories; and the Revolution become a challenge for him: he will try to understand it and find a
place for it among his system of values. Lastly, with the October
(Misile) Crisis, he will discover that all his education and beliefs are collapsing.
Contents: Film, ¨El cine y la memoria¨ Documentary, Pictures Galler= y,

Christopher Lewis schrieb:
> The only ones I've located are on websites where there's no mention of=
> subtitles.
>
> Chris Lewis
> Media Librarian
> American University Library
> 202.885.3257
>
> "Never write when you can talk. Never talk when you can nod. And = never
> put anything in an e-mail." - Eliot Spitzer on Secrets of Success=

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues= relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, p= reservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and = related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective w= orking tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication betw= een libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors= .

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3268828059_104738017--

--B_3268828059_104764038

R0lGODlhEAAQAKECAMzMzAAAAP///wAAACH5BAEAAAIALAAAAAAQABAAAAIXlI+py+0Popwx
UbpuZRfKZ2zgSJbmSRYAIf4fT3B0aW1pemVkIGJ5IFVsZWFkIFNtYXJ0U2F2ZXIhAAA7

--B_3268828059_104764038

R0lGODlhEAABAIAAAAAAAP///yH5BAEAAAEALAAAAAAQAAEAAAIEjI8ZBQA7