Re: [Videolib] Memories of underdevelopment - is this available anywhere

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Wed, 01 Aug 2007 20:20:47 +0200

Dear Christopher,

there is a Cuban mail order provider that offers this title with English
subs (DVD/NTSC):
http://videos.soycubano.com/video.asp
( 2 adresses in Canada and Cuba http://videos.soycubano.com/about.asp)

Sorry, no link to this title in the database:

Title: DVD Memorias del subdesarrollo
DVD
Price: $ 15.00 USD

Director: Tomás Gutiérrez Alea
Script: Tomás Gutiérrez Alea
Music: Leo Brouwer
Artist: Sergio Corrieri, Daisy Granados, Eslinda Nuñez
Year: 2005
Duration: 104 min

Sergio decides to stay in Cuba while all of his family leaves the
country, after the triumph of the Revolution. While being alone, he will
try to find some sense to his life, writing memories; and the Revolution
become a challenge for him: he will try to understand it and find a
place for it among his system of values. Lastly, with the October
(Misile) Crisis, he will discover that all his education and beliefs are
collapsing.
Contents: Film, ¨El cine y la memoria¨ Documentary, Pictures Gallery,
Posters, Technique Cards, Awards, Review and Scenes Selection.
NTSC and Subtitle: Spanish, English, French, German, Italian and Portuguese.

Kind regards
Peter

Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
http://www.zlb.de/en/index.html