RE: [Videolib] looking for distributor for Trudell

Elizabeth Stanley (Elizabeth@bullfrogfilms.com)
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:53:45 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C7CE13.32A8BF2E

Christine,
=20
Some information about "Trudell" from "The Visionmaker" Fall / Winter
2005:
=20
"Featured on PBS Independent Lens on April 11, 2006, this program
follows the life work of Native American poet/activist John
Trudell--from the occupation of Alcatraz to the devastating death of his
family--an event that ultimately ended his political activism and
sparked a rebirth through poetry and music. Filmmaker Heather Rae uses
a poetic and cinema verite style to chronicle Trudell's life. She
traces his travels, weaving archive footage from the late 1960s and
1970s with concert and interview footage. This film challenges
traditional documentary form, and meshes fable and fact, stylistically
mirroring the coyote nature of Trudell himself. Produced by Heather Rae
(Cherokee)."
=20
VisionMaker Video is www.visionmaker.org.
=20
Native American Public Telecommunications
P.O. Box 8311, Lincoln, NE 68501
Phone 402-472-3522
FAX 402-472-8675
www.nativetelecom.org
Email: native@unl.edu
=20
Frank Blythe, NAPT Executive Director
Shirley Sneve is Director of Radio and Television
Native American Public Telecommunications.
=20
Regards,
Elizabeth Stanley
Bullfrog Films