Re: [Videolib] screenings in nursing homes

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:49:13 -0400

--B_3268046955_57904804

There was a famous case on this. If I remember correctly a nursing home in
which the residents are more or less home bound was
exempt from any need for PPR because it was in fact their home. This did not
apply to a retirement community in which residents could come and go as they
pleased and in which a common area screening WOULD be considered public
I have some vague recollection that the MPAA somehow wanted at $1 payment
per year to save face but not sure how
it ended up

On 7/23/07 2:09 PM, "Montri, Tracy" <tracy.montri@toledolibrary.org> wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> Does anyone know the latest word on public performance issues in regard to
> film screenings in nursing homes? In particular, screenings in the
> community/living rooms within nursing home facilities.
>
> Thanks!
> Tracy
>
> Tracy Montri
> Manager, Audiovisual Department
> Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
> 325 Michigan
> Toledo, Ohio 43604
> 419-259-5285
> Fax 419-255-1334
> tmontri@toledolibrary.org

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3268046955_57904804

Re: [Videolib] screenings in nursing homes There= was a famous case on this. If I remember correctly a nursing home in which = the residents are more or less home bound was